Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer? Not Yet.

So up until this week, we haven't had a summer in Chicago. Rainy. Barely making it to 70 degrees. Just kinda lame to be wearing sweaters in June. But it's finally starting to heat up a bit. Nick asked if it was summer and I told him "almost". I was thinking official summer solstice this weekend. But he came back with "No it's not. You said the baby will come when it's summer and the baby isn't here yet!" Hmmmm, that makes sense.

So last night I woke up and wasn't feeling well, so figured I was in labor. (Anything slightly off these days and I think I'm in labor). Was telling this to Chris this morning and how I go around saying how ready we are for the baby, but when I actually thought it was happening last night all I could think was "I'm not ready! I still need to paint the closet and finish a project at work!" Chris agreed he wasn't ready yet either. He needs to recharge his batteries, that have been draining from work. But not Nick. He was quietly listening to this exchange and went straight to the belly to say "Come on out baby! I'm ready for you!"

No comments: