Sunday, July 27, 2008

Diamonds

Yes, yes I ask for jewelry for just about every holiday. Christmas, birthday, mother's day. Well, Chris finally surprised me with diamonds for Mother's Day this year. Tickets to Neil Diamond that is. Who I do love. Figured out this was the third time I've seen him (but I swear there was another one in there somewhere). The first time was 25 yrs ago when I wentwith Mickie Schinner and her mom. Fourth grade. Rock on! This time, we weren't the youngest or oldest concert goers. A funny mix of everything there. One 70 yr. old woman wearing a "Diamond Girl" shirt. Chris and I got a kick out of wondering how many of the "diamond girls" had slept with Neil.

The lights "dimmed abruptly" (that was the phrase they kept using, but I don't think it's possible) and there was Neil in the spotlight sitting on a stool with his guitar. What a voice! He sounded so good. Looked a bit older than I remember. And his ears have grown into the large, old man ears. But he sounded great. "Sweet Caroline" went into three or four encores. Seriously.

After paying for dinner, tickets, babysitter and parking, maybe Chris will opt for diamonds next year ;)

1 comment:

CJN said...

Mr. Diamond, as the PA man called him, is 67. I figured 62.