Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Inner tubing

We decided to go tubing on our trip to NC. I knew Chris, me and Nick were going. Wasn't sure if my folks were up for it and if Peri was allowed. Turns out the water never gets deeper than your thighs and anyone can do it! Think that surprised Mom-Mom a bit, as she hadn't dressed for tubing. But she was a trooper and hopped right in with her clothes on. Nick and I got in next in our double tube, since he was a little small for the big tube and still had his cast on (wrapped in all sorts of plastic gadgets). Chris was next, but we heard some high pitched noises and turned to find him cringing and trying to get back out of the inner tube. Did I mention the water was VERY cold? Pop-Pop just stood there laughing and not helping Chris much. Pop-Pop was the end of our chain, but our chain never started, as PP lost his Terps flip flop after 3 minutes in the water. After a few minutes of searching C spotted the red flip and we were on our way.

Chris and Nick were not impressed with the tubing experience. Nick kept saying "I'm scared. I want to go back!" Chris was holding Peri in his tube and had looks of panic every time he saw any ripples of water ahead. I finally took Peri in my big tube and gave Nick a stick to "fight off snakes". Nick was finally enjoying it when we spotted our end spot on the bank. Next time...

No comments: