Sunday, August 15, 2010

Memory

So most five year olds have the best memory. They remember things you'd never in a million years think they'd picked up on. A few weeks ago Tracey and I went to LA to visit Jen and her family. She's got two adorable kids - Daphne (5 1/2) and Owen (1). We were with them for three days and Daphne continued to call us "the other girl" when one of walked out of the room. But apparently she remembered both our names once we left.

I took a red-eye home and came home to a sleeping house. Nick's first wake up word was "Mommy!" followed by "I saw bugs! We went to the zoo and..." I told him a story about the skunks that walk through Jen's yard. And he saw the sunburn I got while on the open-air "Star's Homes" tour bus. A few days later he said "You know that place you went? You know, where there were skunks and you got a sunburn". That would be LA in Nick's mind. I'm just the "other girl".

No comments: