Friday, March 18, 2011

Travel buddies

Nick is a SUPER traveler. He started when he was little and never let us down. Two hours to MomMom and PopPop? No problem. Overnight to Spain? Piece of cake. Hong Kong? Bring it on. I just assumed our easy baby Peri would be the same way. And she was when I could control her in the Baby Bjorn. But now that she’s an active toddler, she’s a terror traveler. Running around the airport laughing as I try to catch her while juggling our carry on bags and comfort Nick who’s yelling “Mom-she’s getting away. I’m scared!” Our plane was delayed leaving my folks and then sat on the runway in Chicago waiting for a gate to open up. We used up all of our diapers before we even left NC, so we both walked off the delayed flight home covered in poop juice. Don’t ask. I will be drugging her for the flight to Italy this summer.

No comments: