Friday, May 4, 2012

Robbers

Nick came into my room late the other night to tell me he was afraid of robbers. I told him we had awesome security and there was no way anyone was going to get him. Explained the alarms on the windows and doors and the fact that my room is 8 steps away from his.

Fast forward to the next morning and Chris leaving before us (never happens) and automatically setting the alarm out of habit. Nick bounding down the stairs because he's getting to watch his show before Peri. Nick scurrying back up the stairs as the alarm goes off, caused by motion detector at bottom of stairs. Nick and Peri wide-eyed and running around upstairs while I yell down "Chris? You got it?" Me finally getting that he's not down there and getting the alarm off. Alarm company calling to see if there are any problems and asking for our "codeword". Sigh. It's 7am, I got two scared kids, can't figure out where my husband is and you want a code word? I give her two options. She says she can only take one. Thank god I picked the right one, or we could have had some extra drama before work!

No comments: