Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday, May 21

Wednesday, May 21

Nick and Chris have been busy exploring the city. Nick has his Dad’s sense of direction and knows exactly which streets to turn down and which way to go to see the monkeys at the botanic garden! It’s funny to see him leading Chris around.

You guys thought I was exaggerating my first day when I had to sneak my trash out. There’s a woman who comes around once a day to empty our trash cans. She goes through each item and leaves in pieces of paper if I haven’t written/printed on both sides. No kidding. It took me several weeks to catch onto why she was leaving trash in my can.

Poor Nick. He has a stuffed dog “Pookie” that he is attached to. My mom bought him a duplicate at one point, in case we ever lost the first one. Nick spotted the dup immediately and insisted on carrying them both around. Days before we left for Hong Kong, both Pookies had an accident with some purple Silly Putty and came out with purple spots. But that didn't stop them from coming to Hong Kong. Then one went missing. It took us a good week or so to realize that he wasn’t hiding in the apartment. Nick didn’t seem to mind too much as long as he had the other one, so we got over it. Until the other Pookie went missing yesterday. Gulp. Coincidence that it’s the same day they come in to change the sheets? We contacted the building management. I can say from personal experience 32 years ago, that Pookies are not replaceable. Old photo of Pookie below (pre-purple spots).

No comments: