Monday, August 24, 2009

Don't Look at Me

Nick loves sugar. Sigh. My fault for giving him lollipops when he was 1 yr. old. We'd taken him to Spain and it was the only think that would keep him quiet while we checked out the museums. Damn you Chuppa Chus! Anyway, he's got the Nordloh/Fitzgibbons sweet tooth. Whoever picks him up from school has to have a "car snack" ready for him. Then a "home snack" while he waits for dinner. Heaven forbid you forget one of these snacks, because then he heads right for the sugar. I keep some sugarless gum on hand at all times, because he hasn't figured out yet that it's not as bad as sugar.
Anyway, I got sidetracked with this story. We saw Pappa Jack a few times last week in drivebys to their house and each time he's slip in a pack of sugarless gum to Nick. So Nick had two full packs in the back seat with him. One morning we were driving and he asked if he could have some gum. I told him no gum until 11am. Chris and I were talking and noticed it had gotten really quiet. I looked back and Nick was looking all shy and told me he didn't want me to look at him. We giggled up front and thought "how cute!" Until I realized a few minutes later that he had a wad of gum in his mouth and his "quiet/don't look at me" act was when he was sneaking it into his mouth!

No comments: