Monday, October 5, 2009

Mr. Mom

Sigh. Twelve weeks zoomed by and today I found myself putting on real clothes and heading back to work. Nick wanted to go to school early, so the two of us high tailed it out of the house by 7am, leaving this behind...
I won't show you the one that has Chris and Peri in the photo, as I'm not in a mean mood :) And because I never want Chris to take an early photo of me to post for all to see. Just think of a tired pirate face.

So Chris is taking six weeks paternity leave, making it much easier for me to leave our little one each morning. And saving us from jumping right into the double drop off/pickup at daycare. Peri and Chris had a great day. Sleeping, eating, sleeping, eating. Guess she's still growing! I was able to keep my mind mostly off baby by working my way through the stack of emails I didn't make it through while I was on leave. But come closing time, I was ready for my baby! Luckily she was still awake by the time I got home and I got some smile time!

I also got a taste of grumpy Nick time. But turned out he was just overtired and needed a hug. Nothing a bath and some ice cream couldn't fix. It's hard being a big brother.

No comments: