Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sk8er

Ok, so I think that title is more for skateboarding than ice skating, but our little Nickie is learning how to ice skate! He's had skates for about 2 years now and has been out on them a few times. You may remember these photos from last winter.But now it's time for actual lessons. What equipment does one need for actual lessons? A helmet with mask, shin pads, elbow pads, gloves and skates. Jeesh. No wonder he thinks he's taking hockey lessons.

Grammy offered to pick him up from school each week and take him to lessons since they are from 4-4:45pm. When she dropped him off this week after his first lesson he was so psyched!

Narrative from Nick:
"It was so awesome! I falled and then the coach helped me up. And then I falled again. And then I couldn't figure out how to get up. Then I falled. Then I tried to get up. Then I got up! Then I falled. Then I got up and skated a little!!!!! Then I falled..."

All the parts where he "falled" were told with such enthusiasm, that you wouldn't guess he was really falling. Guess I see what they needed all the pads now.

No comments: