Saturday, January 30, 2010

The things we do for love

We wake up at 3:45am Saturday morning to go stand in line for two hours in zero degree weather to get a wrist band. We get home at 6:30am, climb into bed and mumble "Just a little more sleep" to Chris when Peri gets up an hour later. Then we watch as Chris gets suited up for the cold to use the earlier wrist band to line BACK up just to get our 5 year old into the rookie baseball league. Phew and brrrrrrrrrr.

Apparently once you're in, you get early, priority sign up the next year. That's at least what we were all telling ourselves as we were out there this morning.

I wish I'd asked Nick if he wanted to play baseball before going through all of this - ha! His first reaction when I told him we got him signed up was "So I'm going to do hockey, basketball AND baseball?" Jeesh - hockey and basketball will be over when baseball starts. Don't make me look like one of those over scheduling parents. It's not my fault they make us sign up for baseball 4 months in advance.

No comments: