Thursday, April 22, 2010

Jokes

Nick thinks he's a comedian. He decided on hour 5 of our road trip to MN to tell jokes. His favorite is "Knock Knock. Who's there. Banana. Banana who? Knock Knock. Who's there? Banana. Banana who?...Orange. Orange who? Orange you glad I didn't say banana?" Except he doesn't quiet realize why it's funny. So he will sometimes say apple instead of orange. He had us in tears as he kept messing up joke after joke.

Grammy watched the kids last night and spent the night rather than driving home late. We could hear Nick in there telling her jokes this morning. He was rocking the banana joke until the end. "Apple you glad I didn't say banana?!" Chris and I laughed and groaned at the same time.

"What do you call at witch at the beach? A sandwich!" Ha ha! He nailed this one except for when Grammy laughed and said "Ha - a sandwich" and Nick said "No! A SAND WITCH". Sigh. The nuances of jokes.

2 comments:

MrsAstor said...

I saw the pictures from NC...I can't believe how BIG little man is! He looks like he's as tall as me!

Rani and Kurt Cerny said...

I love the jokes. Ask him "How do you keep cool at a ball game?" You "Sit by a fan!" He he!