Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Noches!

Nick digs school. I drill him with everyday "How was your day? Did you learn anything new? What are your friends names?" and can't get a thing out of him. Finally he said he learned "noches" in Spanish. Rock on! He said it meant "tired". So the two of us goofed around with "I'm noches" "I'm noches too". I finally added in "I'm muy noches". Something just didn't seem right, but...I took Spanish for years in high school. And suddenly "Buenos Noches" came to mind. Wait a minute..."noches" means "night" not "tired"! The next day I asked if the teacher did this (put hands together under her head like she was sleeping) to teach them "noches". Yes. Tired. Ha!

1 comment:

Shannon Fitzgibbons said...

Buenas noches is good night and cansado means tired. You can always call auntie tata for Spanish lessons!