Sunday, September 26, 2010

Squirrel in the House!

We had a squirrel in the house today. Nope, not Peri the girl squirrel. A real one. Yep, we live in the city. I was on the back deck and had left the door open. Nick came running in telling me there was a squirrel in the house. "In the basement?" I asked. Nope. In our living room. I ran in the hall to find a squirrel under our chair looking at me. Apparently the same scene Nick walked in on. I yelled into the basement to Chris "Chris! Help! There's a squirrel in the house!" then I opened the front door, shut the basement door and tried to figure out what to do. Helpful Chris then emerged from the basement with a lacrosse stick and proceeded to frighten the squirrel. Have I ever told you the story about Pop-Pop, the squirrel and the bb gun in our house growing up? Anyway, I shooed us all into the dining room to let the squirrel have some room to move into. Then when he got to the hallway we ran at him and chased him out the front door. Ever seen a squirrel run on hardwood floors? Hee hee. The thought of getting a picture dawned on me after the fiasco.

2 comments:

Shannon Fitzgibbons said...

Very impressive Chris! As soon as I saw the title of this entry I starting to laugh thinking of dad in the basement shooting at our oil tank and pipes with the BB gun!

Shannon Fitzgibbons said...

Very impressive Chris! As soon as I saw the title of this entry I starting to laugh thinking of dad in the basement shooting at our oil tank and pipes with the BB gun!