Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sick day

Nick woke up last night and asked to come into our bed. Half asleep, I wasn't able to argue so I brought him in. He kicked the covers off, complained I was taking up too much room and caused other such chaos. When he finally fell asleep, I noticed that he was breathing really heavy. I finally got up at around 5:15 to see how the election had turned out. (yeah!). I came back upstairs to find Chris standing over the toilet and two little feet sticking out near him. Turns out our little guy was close to throwing up, but only phlegm at this point. He then asked to get into his bed. This is when Chris and I exchanged glances that said "wow - he really is sick!". While we tried to figure out our schedules for the day and how we could juggle staying home with him, Nick starting asking if the toy store and PotBelly's were open today. Well, that ended the "stay at home" thoughts...Until Chris called from the car at around 8:30am to say "We didn't make it to school. He barfed in the car. Thank god for wet vacs". Ewww. Poor little man. Any coincidence with receiving 10 tons of candy last Friday?

No comments: