Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Germs are sweet!



Nick loves his friend Lewis. They met when they were three and have stayed close, even when Lewis moved to a new school. So on Saturday, the boys were playing legos, Chris was cleaning out his car (his car resembles a mom's carpool minivan inside with the ridiculous stuff it collects) and I was puttering around not knowing what to do while Peri took a 3 hour nap (how much longer do I have?! Can I clean up the house? Time to email friends? Oh boy!). The boys decided to play soccer while I picked up a gift for a friend. We were going to meet at the hot dog joint afterwards. I finished up early and met them at the park. On my way to the park I stopped in for a strawberry milkshake. mmmmm. Then realized I couldn't show up without a chocolate malt for Chris. Then realized Chris and I didn't want to share with the picky eaters (N & L), so I got a vanilla shake for them to share. Got to the playground to find N, L and another little friend they'd made there. So of course all three gathered around the milkshakes with their hungry little mouths. Potbelly shakes come with 2 cookies on the straw, so first I gave out the cookies. New boy grabbed one up and popped it in his mouth before I could ask if he was allowed to have cookies. Oops! So Chris asked him where his parents were. He looked all around and found his mom and little sister waving at us from the swings. We yelled across the park and got the ok for cookies. The shared shake was then passed back and forth between all three boys. That's when Chris got a bit worried and headed over to ok it with the mom. When you get past the germiness and "I don't know anything about this kid" it was really sweet how they all just trusted each other and shared with each other immediately without thinking. Also kinda scary how kids will eat anything that an adult/stranger gives them. Sigh, but this one was cute.

Photo above is more germs while they shared a drink at lunch.

No comments: