Friday, November 20, 2009

Screaming baby

So last week was my first week having to add Peri to my nightly school pick-up routine. I ran in and grabbed Nick from his school. Then we raced over to another school to get Peri. Walked in to find her crying. When she heard my voice, she started screaming. For the next half hour. Peri isn’t a screaming baby, so I knew something was up. Totally think she was screaming at me, “I can’t believe you left me here! Where do you think you’re going each day? Did you know they gave me formula?! I do NOT appreciate being dropped off at “school” and I’m going to tell you all about it on the way home!” Of course this was the first time I met her teachers too. Felt like the worst mom ever. Couldn’t calm my screaming kid as I tried to talk pleasantries over her. The next day I slunk in to pick her up and there she was. As happy as a clam. I knelt down to say "hi" and before I could get a word out, she started laughing at me. BIG laughs. Couldn’t tell if these were “OMG! Mom, I’m so happy you’re here that I’m going to laugh at whatever you say!” or “Ha ha! Look kids, my mom is here. Isn’t she the funniest looking thing you’ve ever seen? Check out the faces she does!” or "Ha! Don't try to figure me out!"

1 comment:

MrsAstor said...

Oh sweet Peri! I miss her so much already!