Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Visit to NC

The kids and I went to NC this past weekend to see my folks. And to celebrate Mom-Mom's birthday! Happy Birthday Mom-Mom!

Nick loves his Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop. And he loves hearing stories about Pop-Pop. Maybe because he loves him so much? Or maybe because the stories are so ridiculous.

There's the one about Pop-Pop and the hot dogs in the microwave. Then there's Pop-Pop and the mini lawn mower. And who could forget Pop-Pop and the snow storm. We've started to draw cartoons about these stories each night before bed. Found they're better than a book! While we were in NC, Mom-Mom brought out a book of cartoons I'd drawn for my dad's 50th birthday. We read them all and had fun laughing at the memories. Until we got to one and my dad yelled out "Ha! That one really happened!" As if all the others had been made up.

Next story? Pop-Pop gets Alzheimers.

3 comments:

tSeaJake said...

What? You were down here? Oh I totally missed it! Would have loved to see you. Hope you're doing well! Love you guys!

MrsAstor said...

Ha...I'll help you write a few stories for that one!

Shannon Fitzgibbons said...

We need to make copies of those books.....they are the best!