Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sunday Picnic



I had a great idea Sunday night - let's have a picnic dinner at the beach!

Apparently 4000 other people had the same great idea. After one hour of sitting in traffic to get to the beach (which is barely two miles from our house) we finally made it. I ended up dropping Chris and the kids off while I went in search of parking. Finally decided to follow a couple to their car.

H: Rolls window down"Are you leaving? Mind if I follow you to your car?"
T: "Yes, but we're parked in the next row over"
H: "Oh. Ok." Window rolls up. Pause. Pause. Pause. Window rolls down. "Can I give you a ride to your car?"

Ten minutes later, I had a parking spot!

Peri had her first tastes of sand.


Nick had fun venturing into the water to collect buckets needed for the volcano.


Chris and I were able to forget about work, errands and the half built deck while we built sandcastles, enjoyed sandy PBJ sandwiches and a beautiful sunset.

No comments: