Saturday, September 6, 2008

Cars


A few months back we were buying a bday gift for my dad. A huge 007 fan, the only thing he’d requested from Hong Kong was the latest James Bond dvd. I found every knock off purse joint on the island, but no such luck with the DVDs. So back in the states Nick and I headed over to Barnes and Noble to get his James Bond dvd. While there, Nick sees the Cars video and assures me that Pop Pop wants it for his bday too. So we buy it (am I the only one who thinks $29.99 is a rip for a kids dvd?) with me thinking that I'll return it once he forgts about it. Well, I try to return it weeks later to find out that B&N has a 2 week return policy. Are you kidding me? In this day and age? They’re officially on my boycott list now. Anyway, so the Cars dvd sits in the bag on our kitchen table for another 2 weeks because I’m in denial that I bought it. Finally break it out and the new formatting doesn’t work with our old dvd player. You gotta be kidding me. But smart Chris realizes it will play on our laptop. Pop it in and Nick is now entranced. We each have a character in the movie. He of course is Lightning McQueen. I’m the purple one. Chris has watched it so many times now that he was quoting it to me the other day. C: “it’s like when Doc says…” me: “wait, who’s doc?” C: “you know the green car in Cars”

No comments: