Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Last Weekend of Summer

So while on vacation I make a point of trying to have ice cream every day. Figure the last weekend of summer is a mini-vacation, so we should try the same. Oh, how I love Dairy Queen. If only they made them in the bite-size cones like Mr. Softie back in Hong Kong…After a long day of errands and playing with our nephew, Charles, who was in town, we headed home. Nick fell asleep in the backseat, but I still wanted/needed my ice cream! So we stopped at DQ. Chris came back to the car with a small choc dipped cone for me and a huge medium cone dipped in crunch for him. He had the biggest smile on his face. We were happily eating our ice cream until we pulled up to the house and Nick woke up. He saw my cone and immediately asked where his was. Dad to the rescue. Chris happily handed his over and said “I was saving it for you buddy. I had to lick a little because it was melting”. Nick was happy and knew no better. Then he realized Charles was gone and a whole new set of tears started. Ohhhh, it’s so hard to make everyone happy. Bottom pic is Nick beating ants with his shoes. Is he going to grow up to be one of "those" kids?!

No comments: