Thursday, September 25, 2008

Grandparents

My folks (Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop) were in town late last week and early this week. Nick stayed out of school to hang with them. Spoiled, spoiled, spoiled. A new space rocket, candy, gum, Scooby Doo/Batman DVD. That’s their job as grandparents. Nick loved every minute of it. Except when it came time for them to leave on Tuesday. He’s been sad and moody the past 2 days. He’ll cry at the littlest thing (“Dad flushed the toilet!” Or “There’s red stuff on my chip!”), refuses to go to sleep at night and was stomping around and complaining while setting the table last night. When I asked him what was wrong he just pouted “I don’t know”. Poor little guy. He doesn’t know. Just knows he’s sad. He’s going through Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop withdrawal. Luckily I’m taking him to see them in October. But hopefully this grumpiness wears off before then!

No comments: