Monday, January 5, 2009

Handyman Chris

We finally got the basement recarpeted after the flood. You remember, the one that happened a month or so after we moved in. Great timing. Anyway, the new carpet gave us the encouragement we needed to finish the storage room down there. You know, the one he tore the walls and ceiling out of last year. So he bought some drywall the other day to start on the ceiling. He and Nick were down in the basement playing with the racetrack they set up when I heard a huge crash. I yelled down asking if everything was ok and only Nick answered. So I started downstairs right as Nick was running upstairs to get me. Turns out the drywall (which was stacked outside the storage room) had fallen across the storage door when Chris stepped inside. Trapping him in. Which made me laugh so hard, except that I kept thinking about Chris working alone in that room this past week and how he would have been trapped down there all day!

1 comment:

CJN said...

Thanks for rescuing me! At first I thought it was your new approach to get me to finish up the project: "You can't come out, Chris, until everything's done."