Monday, January 19, 2009

Snacks

So Nick likes his snacks. He has a morning snack (after breakfast), a car snack (on the way home from school), a home snack (before dinner) and a dessert snack. He used to tell us he was hungry (right after he ate) and I'd ask "Are you hungry or snacky?" So now he goes around saying "I'm snacky. I'm snacky." Kinda like those little guys from Lord of the Rings with their Second Lunch. Or maybe that's Taco Bell? Anyway, it's perfect because Chris is the same way.

We keep our cars stocked with snacks, because heaven forbid you show up at school to pick him up and don't have a car snack. Tears for the entire 3 miles home. The other day I caught myself in that situation. So I stalled him by rooting around in my purse looking for the snack I "brought". Luckily I found some Altoids mints and asked if those would do the trick. Yep! I warned him they were hot, but he was so happy to have a snack. Phew...

No comments: