Thursday, February 18, 2010

Bedtime

Nick does not have good sleep habits. He'd stay up all night if we let him. Some nights I'm in bed and he's still running back and forth to my room or the bathroom or to say good night to Chris one more time.

On night's that Chris is out, I let Nick sleep in our bed until Chris comes home. A few weeks back I was dog tired and couldn't say awake past 9pm. Nick was in our bed and as hyper as ever. I would fall asleep and then he would wake me up by talking or dropping a book, or something. At some point he jumped out of our bed and made a huge "boom" noise. I jumped awake and found Nick standing on the other side of the bed saying "Mom, go back to sleep. It's ok." As much as I wanted to believe him, I don't think your ever supposed to trust a kid who's coaxing you back to sleep...

No comments: