Friday, August 29, 2008

Hold it!!!

Warning – this is a poop story…So Chris usually takes Nick to school and I pick him up. Works out well. Nick likes his leisurely mornings. He wakes up, calls out our names, then asks to go lay on the couch. I take him downstairs while Chris sleeps or reads the sports page in bed. With his pillow, the green, fuzzy blanket over him (making sure it covers his feet!), warm milk and Higglytown Heroes on TV, Nick’s a happy camper. Chris then feeds him breakfast and gets him dressed. I’m out the door by 7am and pick him up by 6pm. Chris is out the door around 8am and gets home around 6:30pm. Well, today I needed to take Nick in, so we were out the door early. So not as much leisure time for Nick as he likes. And we missed going to the bathroom before we left. Uh oh. So on the way there, Nick says, “Mom, I have to poop.” I say “No worries. We’re almost there.” Well, that wasn’t good enough. I could hear the fear in his voice. So I zoom to school and try to give him pointers along the way. Me – “hold it”. Him – “like this?” with hands on crotch”. Me – “No, use your muscles, like this…” with me making faces and noises. Not one of my more glamorous moments. We get out of the car and Nick is holding both ends saying “Hold it mom!”. So I pick him up and put lots of pressure on his bum. Unsure what to do but run. We make it to the bathroom (zooming by the teacher with a “hello, bathroom emergency”) and get his pants down in time. Phew. What a way to start the day. Then we both strut out, so proud of ourselves for having made it. Next time, I’ll take the extra minute for a potty break before we leave the house.

No comments: