Monday, June 2, 2008

Sunday, June 1st

Sunday, June 1st

So what’s a gal to do on a Sunday by herself? Head to the movies! The back of my legs still haven’t forgiven me for yesterday’s “walk”. And going to the movies is one of my all time favorite things to do anyway. So I hit the movie theater. Where it’s cool, the seats are comfy and you get your own reserved space. No pushing, shoving. Just peace and quiet. Ahhhh. Nick and I didn’t find the concession stand last time we went, but I found it this time! Two options for popcorn – salty or sweet. As curious as I was about the sweet stuff, I stuck with salty. Indiana Jones. Ahhhh. Just what I needed. Walking out of the theater, a gaggle of girls were talking about how cute he was with the sword. And I thought “wow-they seem too young to like Harrison Ford”. Nope, they were talking about the much younger co-star. Which explained to me why Harrison got a younger side-kick in this one. I feel old.

I’m missing my back yard today. It’s another overcast day, but not terribly hot. I’d love to be sitting on the deck reading. Unfortunately, all the house-help have the day off, so they’re covering every inch of stair, bench, wall around the area. Homesickness has hit me harder now that everyone has returned to Chicago.

No comments: