Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday, June 19

Thursday, June 19

Well, it’s time for Hong Kong Heather to head back home. It’s been an awesome experience, professionally and personally. I must be taking on the airs of a local, as I was asked twice today for directions! And I actually knew which direction to point them in!

My final thoughts:

Won’t miss: Crowds, pushing/shoving, smells, meat/fish market, ox tails (ask Beth-she knows what they're used for), humidity, my hair in humidity, slurping/burping noises, mosquitoes, dividing everything by 7.8 to get the US equivalent, bruises on my calves from the low bed frame, majority of the food, waking up to find 50+ emails from the states while I was sleeping, sketchy phone service at work, and flavors of potato chips (roasted pepper, chicken soup, prawn).

Will miss: Gorgeous mountains and water, walking the hills, energy you feel in a big city, inexpensive transportation, covered walkways to many of the buildings, the abundance of transportation options (ferry, tram, subway, double decker bus, etc.), Prêt-a-Manger, all the great people I’ve met in the region through work, traveling a few miles away and feeling like you’re on a deserted tropical island, the ridiculous slogan t-shirts that make no sense, flavors of gum (green tea, melon, blackberry), reserved seating at the movie theaters, full service gas (not that I got to take advantage of it, but I love the idea) and Friday night happy hour at work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! I got a shout out!