Thursday, August 7, 2008

Race Car

Nick believes I drive a race car. I encourage this belief. Whenever we’re on the highway and he spots a tractor trailer, he yells out “get it!”. And off we go, making racing sounds with our mouths until we pass the truck. Then cheers from our car until we spot another one. Our little game to get us to where we’re going. Even in the parking garage at school, he has me race the other moms to the exit. They must love us. The other day I found a CD in my car that Megan bought for Nick ages ago. Kindergarten songs. I can’t describe the joy when he realized he knew all the words to the songs! So now our car trips consist of me drving quietly while he sits in the back and sings along. I really need to get a recording of it. It’s too cute. Little fighter/jumper/loud boy gets all quiet and cute with his music. “Are you sleeping” seems to be his favorite (or maybe it’s my favorite to hear him sing).

No comments: