Sunday, August 3, 2008

Carnival Day!

Nick has had “summer camp” at school this summer. Every other day is some sort of fun event/activity. Picnic’s, tie dye, animals, etc. The other day was Carnival day and Nick came home with a balloon and goody bag. The goody bag had the most ridiculous assortment of stuff. Candy, an orange wrist band, plastic watch and a whistle. Turns out our little guy knows how to use a kazoo but not a whistle. Well, he learned and then ordered us around. Whoever was wearing the whistle was in charge. I should see if his teacher wears a whistle…Down to the basement we went to play karate soccer. Yes, we make up our own games. We still haven’t put carpeting down there since the flood last year, so it’s open and hard. Nick’s forehead and the dehumidifier collided at one point, but he cried and then walked it off. Was having too much fun playing! After a few rounds of karate soccer, we moved onto baseball (but with bouncy balls of all sizes). Well, it got a bit too competitive and while trying to tag one of them I stepped over one of the big bouncy balls (but didn’t quite get over it). Imagine all this in slow motion (since that’s how it felt) - the big bouncy ball, my foot on the ball, the ball moving, me still in my work skirt, me falling back, me trying to gently land on the hard concrete, me lying on the concrete on my side, bad hand and hip catching the fall and Nick and Chris with big eyes asking if I was all right. Smooth. A little sore, but all is well. Needless to say, that was the end of our game.

No comments: