Monday, December 8, 2008

Art Fair

My mom is in town and we ventured off with some friends to the Renegade Art Fair on Saturday. They had some great stuff, but by the 3rd room, you were kinda tired of seeing silk screened shirts and jewelry made out of bottle caps. I got Nick a shirt of a monster saying “Make me a Sandwich”. It makes me laugh. Although if it were true to Nick it would say “Get me some warm, big milk.” As we were leaving, one of our party members gasped and said “Uh oh, I’ve seen these guys before”. In came some sort of alternative marching band. I don’t know how to describe them. Punk? Wide-eyed zombies? Grown up band geeks? Scary clowns in uniforms? The weren’t playing their instruments (except for the drummers) but were doing some sort of scary dance as they weeded their way in. Think of a Dr. Seuss marching band – facial hair, uniforms, legs going every which way. That’s closer to describing them. Needless to say, the crowd easily parted for them as they made their parade through the auditorium. Words really can’t describe.

No comments: