Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Robbers

Ah, the holidays! Everyone is so cheery and happy. So imagine my disappointment in coming outside yesterday morning to find my driver side window busted out. And my hand lotion and Prada lip balm scattered on the street. The nerve! But seriously, I was totally bummed that someone would break into my car when it's parked three houses down from my house. Just far away that we didn't hear the alarm. I popped Nick in the backseat while I cleaned the glass out of the front seat. He was wimpering as I reported it to the cops. Had to explain that there are bad people out there who try to steal things. Then he piped up with "That movie. With the little boy who gets left home all alone. What were those guys called?" Yes! The little brain was working! "Yes Nick! Those are robbers. And robbers are the ones who broke mommies window and stole my CDs". He then asked if the cops were going to come and get the robbers, like they do in the movie. Ahhh, if only life were like the movies. We think the rat bastards saw the wire for my new navigation system Santa brought me, but didn't realize I was smart enough not to leave the system in my car. Hope they enjoy the Gwen Stefani and Cold Play CDs they stole.

Anyway, thank god for Insurance and Body Shops. I'm sure Nick gave his teachers and the kids at school an earful today. Live and Learn.

No comments: