Monday, December 29, 2008

Time Off

Time off at the holidays is so needed. But imagine our dismay when Chris and I realized that our idea of time off (naps, house projects, lounging) didn't jive with Nick's idea of time off (call Lewis to come over and play (Good God Lewis - when do you get back from your grandparents house!!!), wrestle, play transformers, play Batman, play in the snow, play race cars, play...). It rained for 12+ hours on Saturday (but brought 50 degree weather for a day and melted all the snow!) So on Sunday Nick and I headed to Navy Pier for their Winter Wonderland. Nick rode every ride he could. And ate as much cotton candy as is humanly possible for a four year old. My plan was to tire him out. And it worked like a charm. Until we headed to the car for the ride home. And he fell asleep. 4+ blocks of me lugging a 35+ lb. frozen turkey (boy). I was huffing and puffing up a storm. As soon as we got to the car, he magically woke up and said, "Can I have some cotton candy?" Sigh...


No comments: