Sunday, December 21, 2008

Lil' Kickers

I signed Nick up for Lil’ Kickers. It’s soccer for little ones, where they learn the basics (kick the ball, don’t pick it up and run with it) and do a lot of silly running around. The first week didn’t go so well. He wanted me to be on the field with him. He also had me and parents yelling at him from the sidelines (I'm sure the coach appreciated that). But the second week I walked him out to the field and then said “Oh! Coach Boogie (yes, real name) is ready for you guys to race!” before darting off. Well, guess who now totally loves soccer?! He’ll race off the field every now and then to give me a hug. So cute. They speak his language there. "Let's pretend we're race cars!" "Who's wants to be a monster?". Our little guy is lucky number 7.

No comments: